The Wee Art Studio, Gallery, Shop and Art Space has grown from Caroline Bennett’s successful Art Classes for all ages. She realised there was a real need for art in the area from the response she has received.
Caroline’s expertise in art education and additional support needs means she can nurture everyone’s talents. This new shop located on 415 Clarkston Road, Muirend, offers an opportunity to develop her passion for both art and people providing a relaxed retail space in which to sell her own and other Scottish makers work. The shop as well as providing great gift ideas for the art lover also supplies art materials for a budding artist of any age, with expert advice on offer with each purchase. In addition her art classes will continue, so to enhance and inspire the inner artist in us all.
Opening her new shop at 415 Clarkston Road will give students and clients the opportunity to purchase art materials, buy original art and gifts and engage in creative activities in a friendly, relaxed space.
Caroline has over 20 years’ experience in working in all fields of education including mainstream primary, secondary and additional support needs. She holds additional qualifications in both Nurture and Additional Support For Learning, is fully registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTC)
and has been enhanced disclosure checked.
Caroline also has experience in working as a community artist and an Artist in Residence in The Crichton Hospital, Dumfries and the charity Paintings in Hospitals, London. These posts enabled her to develop her own creative practice and also use her skills as a practitioner to enhance patient’s mental and emotional wellbeing.
AIMS OF THE CLASSES
Classes for All!
The aims of the children's classes are to nurture natural creative abilities as well as develop new skills and experiences. Classes will reflect the benchmarks and learning outcomes set in the Curriculum for Excellence but a greater focus is placed upon having the opportunity to experiment with materials and techniques many mainstream primary schools do not have the facilities or specialisms to provide.
Having previously worked as a primary art specialist for 10 years, Caroline realised the children who received regular art input from a specialist art teacher developed more refined fine motor skills, had enhanced creativity and problem solving skills and were more able to build successful social relationships. Art could be used as a platform to enhancing a child’s emotional wellbeing. Her work in secondary schools reinforced this belief as those children whom had received this art input were often more advance in their abilities.
Children will learn in small groups so they receive all the attention, support and encouragement they need in the wee art studio’s cosy environment.
Adult Classes are tailored to the individual needs of the student, learning new skills in a friendly environment!
Other Services: • One to one art lessons • Additional Support needs Tuition in Dyslexia • Social Group / Work sessions to promote positive mental health/ Painting Evenings • Art Commissions • Art Classes for all ages and abilities • Carer and child classes. • Drop in and Paint sessions
BOOKINGS FOR AUGUST ART CLASSES ARE AVAILABLE NOW, see classes page for details! online shop opening August.
• Mondays Adult Class (Beginners)
• Time: 1pm -3pm
26th August – 7th October (7 weeks)
• Tuesdays Kids Art Class, Primary 1 to Primary 3
• Time: 4 pm – 5pm
• 27th August – 8th October (7 weeks)
• Cost £63
• Wednesdays Kids Art Class, Primary 4 to Primary 7 • 28th August – 9th October (7 weeks) • Time: 4pm -5pm, Cost £63
• Wednesdays Teen Art Class
• 28th August – 9th October (7 weeks)
• Time: 6.45pm - 8pm, Cost £70
• Thursday Kids Art Class, Primary 4 to Primary 7
• Time: 4 pm – 5pm
• 29th August – 10th October (7 weeks)
• Cost £63
• Adults Thursday Evening Classes (Beginner/ Intermediate) • Time: 7 pm – 9 pm • 29th August – 10th October (7 weeks) • Cost £140
• Friday Kids Art Class, Primary 4 to Primary 7 • 30th August – 11th October (7 weeks) • Time: 4pm -5pm, Cost £63
• Saturday Kids Art Class, Primary 3 to Primary 7 • 31st August – 12th October (7 weeks) • Time: 10am – 11am, Cost £63
• Classes can be booked on website or contact Caroline for more information or want to be informed if future spaces. .
• Gallery, Shop and Art Space Opening at 415 Clarkston Road Soon!