Hi Welcome to The Wee Art Studio, Gallery, Shop and Art Space website. My name is Caroline Bennett. I have successfully run Art Classes for all ages in the local area, originally from my wee garage! From these initial classes I realised there was a real demand for art in the area from the positive response I received.
I am an experienced art practitioner working for over 20 years in art education and additional support needs focussing upon nurturing everyone’s creative talents. My studio and shop located at 415 Clarkston Road, Muirend, offers an opportunity to develop my passion for both art and people, providing a relaxed retail space in which to sell art materials for budding artists of any age, with expert advice offered. My range of art classes is continually updated, offering inspiration in a wide range of genres including: printmaking, felt-making, mixed media, book binding, jewellery design to name just a few. These classes are provided by myself or visiting specialist makers and artists. My classes are as inclusive as possible and my passion to provide classes for children with additional support needs has inspired me to trial 2 new ASD friendly classes starting in January 2020..
Opening my studio and shop at 415 Clarkston Road will give students and clients the opportunity to purchase art materials, buy original art and engage in creative activities in a friendly, relaxed space.
Caroline has over 20 years’ experience in working in all fields of education including mainstream primary, secondary and additional support needs. She holds additional qualifications in both Nurture and Additional Support For Learning, is fully registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTC)
and has been enhanced disclosure checked.
Caroline also has experience in working as a community artist and an Artist in Residence in The Crichton Hospital, Dumfries and the charity Paintings in Hospitals, London. These posts enabled her to develop her own creative practice and also use her skills as a practitioner to enhance patient’s mental and emotional wellbeing.
AIMS OF THE CLASSES
Classes for All!
The aims of the children's classes are to nurture natural creative abilities as well as develop new skills and experiences. Classes will reflect the benchmarks and learning outcomes set in the Curriculum for Excellence but a greater focus is placed upon having the opportunity to experiment with materials and techniques many mainstream primary schools do not have the facilities or specialisms to provide.
Having previously worked as a primary art specialist for 10 years, Caroline realised the children who received regular art input from a specialist art teacher developed more refined fine motor skills, had enhanced creativity and problem solving skills and were more able to build successful social relationships. Art could be used as a platform to enhancing a child’s emotional wellbeing. Her work in secondary schools reinforced this belief as those children whom had received this art input were often more advance in their abilities.
Children will learn in small groups so they receive all the attention, support and encouragement they need in the wee art studio’s cosy environment.
Adult Classes are tailored to the individual needs of the student, learning new skills in a friendly environment!
Other Services: • One to one art lessons • Additional Support needs Tuition in Dyslexia • Social Group / Work sessions to promote positive mental health/ Painting Evenings • Art Commissions • Art Classes for all ages and abilities • Carer and child classes. • Drop in and Paint sessions
New 2020 Classes available to book now! New workshops in Felt-making, Wire Art, Book Binding available to book now! Also ASD Friendly Classes. Vouchers Available too!
• Tuesdays Adult Class (Beginners) Art Class
• Time: 1pm -3pm
• 21st January to 10th March (8 weeks) Cost £160. FULL
• New Tuesday Adult Beginners Art Class
• Time: 7pm – 9pm
• 21st January to 10th March (8 weeks)
• Cost £160 FULL
• Wednesdays Kids Art Class, Primary 3 to Primary 7 • 22nd January to 11th March for 8 weeks. • Time: 4pm - 5pm, Cost £72 FULL
• Wednesdays Teen Art Class
• 22nd January to 11th March for 8 weeks
• Time: 6.45pm - 8pm, Cost £80
• Thursday Kids Art Class, Primary 3 to Primary 7
• Time: 4 pm – 5pm
• 17th January to 5th March for 8 weeks.
• Cost £72 FULL
• Adults Thursday Evening Portraiture / Figure drawing from a Clothed Model (Beginner / Intermediate) • Time: 7 pm – 9 pm • 30th January to 5th March (6weeks). • Cost £150
• ASD Friendly Art Classes, Primary 3 to Primary 7 • Tuesdays and Sunday Mornings, Starting 26th January.
• Friday Kids Art Class, Primary 3 to Primary 7 • 17th January to 6th March 8 weeks). • Time: 4pm -5pm, Cost £72, FULL
• Saturday Kids Art Class, Primary 3 to Primary 7 • 18th January to 7th March (8 weeks). • Class 1 Time: 10am – 11am. Class 2 Time: 11.15am - 12.15pm. Cost £72. Class 3 Time: 1pm to 2pm.
• Classes can be booked on website or contact Caroline for more information or want to be informed if future spaces. .
• Gallery, Shop and Art Space Open now at 415 Clarkston Road, Muirend, Glasgow, G44 3LL.