Hi Welcome to The Wee Art Studio, Art Space website. My name is Caroline Bennett. I have successfully run Art Classes for all ages in the local area.
I am an experienced art practitioner working for over 20 years in art education and additional support needs, focussing upon nurturing everyone’s creative talents. My passions for art and working with others is at the heart of my classes and motivation for offering inspirational classes in a wide range of genres including: printmaking, felt-making, sculpture and mixed media. My experience as an Additional Support Needs Teacher means I can better support children's individual needs.
Caroline has over 20 years’ experience in working in all fields of education including mainstream primary, secondary and additional support needs. She holds professional qualifications in both Nurture, and Additional Support For Learning, and is experienced working with children with ASD and mental health issues. She is fully registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTC)
and has been enhanced disclosure checked.
Caroline also has experience in working as a community artist and an Artist in Residence in The Crichton Hospital, Dumfries and the charity Paintings in Hospitals, London. These posts enabled her to develop her own creative practice and also use her skills as a practitioner to enhance patient’s mental and emotional wellbeing.
AIMS OF THE CLASSES
Classes for All!
The aims of the children's classes are to nurture natural creative abilities as well as develop new skills and experiences. Classes will reflect the benchmarks and learning outcomes set in the Curriculum for Excellence but a greater focus is placed upon having the opportunity to experiment with materials and techniques many mainstream primary schools do not have the facilities or specialisms to provide.
Having previously worked as a primary art specialist for 10 years, Caroline realised the children who received regular art input from a specialist art teacher developed more refined fine motor skills, had enhanced creativity and problem solving skills and were more able to build successful social relationships. Art could be used as a platform to enhancing a child’s emotional wellbeing. Her work in secondary schools reinforced this belief as those children whom had received this art input were often more advance in their abilities.
Children will learn in small groups so they receive all the attention, support and encouragement they need in the wee art studio’s cosy environment.
Adult Classes are tailored to the individual needs of the student, learning new skills in a friendly environment! ( not available at present).
Other Services: • One to one art lessons • Additional Support Needs Tuition in Dyslexia • Art Commissions • Art Classes for all ages and abilities • Pet Portrait Commissions
From July 2021 The Wee Art Studio's permanent new home is: 2 Hillview Drive, Clarkston, G76 7JD.
• Adult classes will Resume as soon. Exact details to follow asap.
• Wednesday Teens Art Class, Primary 7 to S3, FULL
• Time: 7pm – 8.15pm
• August to October
• Thursday Kids Art Class, Primary 4 to Primary 7, FULL • Time: 4 pm – 5pm • See shop/classes menu
• Friday Adults, • Postponed until further notice • Time: 1pm to 3pm.
• Friday Kids Art Class, Primary 4 to Primary 7, FULL • Time: 4pm - 5pm • See shop/classes menu
• Saturday Kids Art Class, Primary 3 to Primary 7 and (teen) P7 to S3 • From August 2021 SORRY NOW FULL • Class 1 Time: 9.15AM - 10.15AM • Class 2 Time: 10.30am - 11.30am • Class 3 Time: 12pm to 1.15pm (teen)
• Classes can be booked on website or contact Caroline for more information or want to be informed if future spaces .
• Also Kids Summer School July. SEE SHOP/CLASSES MENU